When is the 2022 LOTRO Anniversary?
The 2022 Anniversary Event is from 20th April at 10am /ServerTime to the 12th May 2022 at 3am Server Time.
The last full day of the celebration is, for many, 11th May 20221.
Special Notes for the 15th Anniversary!
- VIP Players will get the standard versions of Mordor, Minas Morgul and War of the Three Peaks expansions.
- Update 33: the High Elf race will become free for all players!
- Rune-keepers, Wardens and Beornings will be available for all players!
- All quest areas up to and including Helm’s Deep will be available free to everyone, up to Level 95.
I am not sure I can even summarise the other things being given away by LOTRO for this anniversary! Depending on your account status there are free expansions, Mithril Coins, Valar bundles, additional pets. And that’s kind of the start of it!
New Steed of Starlight
Everyone who logs in during the set period of the Anniversary Login Reward will unlock the Steed of Starlight, which is account-wide. This also includes the War-Steed cosmetics!
All VIPs who log in will also receive:
For the full list of special things available and those being given away Read the Announcement Here.
I’m Just Here for the Rewards, Man!
Well, fair enough! Here are your shortcuts:
- Newest Anniversary Rewards (2022)
- All Anniversary Celebration Rewards, including those from previous years.
- Anniversary Mounts, which includes those available for both Anniversary Tokens and Mithril Coins .
- Anniversary Cosmetics Catalogue: view a gallery of all cosmetics. Browse by gear slot, token type or alphabetical order. More features coming!
LOTRO Anniversary Guide – Quests & Wrappers
Why Do I Keep Getting Fireworks?
Every week the Anniversary Event is on, you’ll receive the quest The Anniversary Celebration Has Arrived!. As part of that you’ll get a box of fireworks. Keep one of each type for Farmers Faire. Yes, you heard me right! If your character has not completed the Celebrating Sunshine Deed (for the title “Sunshine”), then use these free fireworks to complete it when Farmer’s Faire arrives.
Where Are LOTRO Anniversary Quests?
As the whole of Middle-Earth is celebrating the anniversary, you will find yourself in three main map regions!
- Bree Town Centre and Bree Race Courses
- The Shire: the Methel-Stage and the Shire Racing Track
- Thorin’s Hall Ale House (also called Thorin’s Hall Inn in some quests)
- 2022: A new Seasonal Instance has been announced, called A Flurry of Fireworks. Other seasonal instances have one or two dailies inside of them. We’ll have to see if that’s true of the new Anniversary one.
Hunters with travel guides and campsite skills rejoice! The rest of you will need to use Swift Travel to ride around everywhere. (Thankfully there are LOTRO Plugins that can help you with that!).
Another Lovely Year (Daily) and Quest Wrappers
Where’s the Daily ‘Wrapper’ Quest?
Before you pick up quests in Bree, you need to pick up the quest Another Lovely Year from Waldo Rumble at the Party Tree. You then can participate in 7 Anniversary Events and gain a bonus 3 Anniversary Tokens.
You can also earn Figments of Splendour by completing the various ‘wrapper quests’. These can also be picked up from Waldo Rumble.
Update: thanks to this fab tip from @knitonepurrtoo :
…suggest that they log out by Waldric Rumble so the next day they don’t forget to pick it up.
Remember to turn in the daily when you complete it! Don’t “do an FJ” and forget just because the quest-giver is away from all the other Anniversary events.
A Yearly Yield (Intro)
Complete Another Lovely Year a total of 3 times.
- 400 × Figments of Splendour
- 1 × Scrap of Essence Reclamation Scroll
- 1 × Universal Optional Crafting Ingredient
- 1,000 Virtue XP
A Yearly Yield (Intermediate)
Complete Another Lovely Year a total of 6 times.
A Yearly Yield (Final)
Complete Another Lovely Year a total of 9 times.
- Legendary Item XP (If Applicable)
- 600 × Figments of Splendour
- 1 × Scrap of Essence Reclamation Scroll
- 1 × Universal Optional Crafting Ingredient
- 1,000 Virtue XP
The Anniversary Adventure
This completes when you have finished A Yearly Yield (Final):
Do Horse Races Count for the Daily?
Yes! Since 2021 the Horse Trials at Bree and in the Shire both count towards the daily.
See Horse Racing for more details.
How Do I Hit 7 Daily Quests?
I get asked this nearly every year, so I’ll finally write the answer! The full question is actually:
When the Gifts Quest Chain is on cool-down, how you complete the Daily 7-Quest wrapper?
Really, really easily! Here are a couple of approaches you can use:
Suggested Quick 7
The easiest time of day to start your wrapper is at Gloaming.
If you have time left during Gloaming, go do the Horse Race then pop back to the Hill.
Suggested Daytime 7-Quests
Daytime is obviously achievable, but just needs more time and patience. Do remember it’s a festival and not a dungeon to grind, yes? Start during ForedawnEnjoy
For the 7th Quest:
The “Split” Method
This method also works well if you’re running the LOTRO Anniversary on multiple characters as it allows in-game time to pass without feeling like you’re waiting around. Simply do the same session on two different characters, then when the day/night cycle re-unlocks Sparking an Interest or Fireworks in Bree, you can rerun them.
Other Things That Count
There is no shortage of things to do at this, or any festival in the LOTRO Events Calendar!
The Scavenger Hunt
The Scavenger Hunt is a series of quests available from The Party Tree. There is a story behind their mysterious appearance too, but the main draw is for you to visit various places in Middle-Earth in search of rewards. In fact, there are some pets and decorations you can only obtain via Scavenger (aside from Auction House).
- For Lower-Levels: there is an easier/lower-level version of this called the Eriador Scavenger Hunt. I managed to do something from years 1-11 last year so I hope my sort-of guide helps.
There is no need for me to detail the full Scavanger Hunt in this guide, as you can simply search LOTRO-Wiki for each year’s walk-through!
Earning Anniversary Tokens
Below is your guide to repeatable quests you can earn for tokens.
Fireworks in Bree
2 × , Repeatable Every ½hr At Nighttime
In the North-West of Bree at night time (from Evening until the end of Foredawn) you can participate in the fireworks show! This quest involves listening to the Fireworks Announcer and following the instructions to send up the correct firework. Or to not send up an incorrect firework! These can be worded “Time to send up a red firework” or “This is not the time for yellow, but any other colour will do”. So pay attention!
Fireworks in the Shire (Methel-Stage)
1 × , Repeatable Every ½hr
A really quick one this time – simply keep setting up fireworks for 3 minutes to keep those pesky local Hobbits from complaining to their neighbours! May as well do the Shire Horse Race while you’re in the area!
Weirdly this quest can be completed during day-time, unlike the Fireworks quest in Bree.
Important: the Quest text says you will need more than 1 or 2 people to impress the local Hobbits. So you’re best holding off accepting the Quest until a few people are at the Methel-Stage with you. Unless you want to disappoint a whole bunch of fickle Hobbits! You can decide!
Sparking an Interest
Quest Giver: “A Young Took” (near Bree Fireworks) – From Dawn until end of Dusk.
Entrepreneurial Hobbits want you to go and find places in Bree to set off a random firework there. Their hope is that by doing so it will encourage the locals to attend the show at nighttime! I highly recommend showing floaty names (default: N Key) as these can be tricksy to spot. They also despawn when a player puts a firework down, and they respawn later.
Where are the Ideal Locations?
If you’re not on a small device, hit the “Ideal Locations” tab above. Smaller device people should see the gallery below!
Fireworks Exploration (Non-Repeatable)
A Few Tips
- All locations are technically accessible at any level BUT Level 15+ to safely get up Weathertop.
- Tom Bombadil’s House is in the North of the Old Forest, so there may be some mobs around L18-20. Just be aware!
- The Fireworks in question can be purchased from the Fireworks Vendor in Bree for 6 Silver each.
Master Blaster Title Deed
How to Get the Master Blaster Title
- Red Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Green Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Blue Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Orange Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Yellow Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Purple Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
Clumsy folk have lost their invitations to LOTRO Anniversary festivities! So you need to run around Bree (seriously on-foot is easier than mounted for this one) to find the lost invitations.
For this quest, you are looking for Envelopes. Some are flying about in the breeze but many are located in fixed positions. Although you only need to find 6 lost invitations, not all envelopes contain invitations, so you’ll need to collect more than 6 (unless the dice are in your favour anyway).
Some example envelope locations are in the collapsed section below (or the next tab along on larger screens).
How to Get the Toast Emote
One of the rewards you can get in the Envelopes is the Toast Emote.
It doesn’t drop very often, so make Lost Invitations one of your daily quests. If you want the emote, anyway!
Bree and Shire Horse Tracks – 2 × Each, Once Per Day
Or, if you’re bad at the Horse Racing as I am, you can re-try every ! Take the challenge and navigate the course. You have to avoid the boggy bits and get through each gate before the timer runs out!
- If you navigate the wooden walk-ways without falling in the bog you get a speed boost!
- If you fall in the bog you get a speed reduction (and I always fail the race if I fall in, though this is not necessarily true for others!)
The tracks can be found at Bree Festival Grounds and South-East of Michel Delving in the Shire.
Note: the Horse Trials do now count towards your 7-Quest target Another Lovely Year daily.
- Basic Level (1 × ): successfully whack 8 players. If you’re knocked out the arena you don’t fail the round, but you do get a ‘fall limp debuff’.
- Intermediate Level (2 × ): successfully whack 8 players. If you’re knocked out the arena you fail the round and have to wait for restart.
- Expert Level (3 × ): successfully whack 8 players and stay inside the arena. Plus you must retrieve a Glorious Beer before the round ends.
A few times I was whacked out the arena at the start of the round! On the other hand I accidentally selected Expert once and won it! So there are a lot of tokens you can earn in an hour here, but other players may stand in your way!
Do excuse the old avatar screenshots! I don’t play this very often anymore as it tenses my shoulders so it triggers some of my Fibromyalgia symptoms.
How Many Tokens Can I Get?
Anniversary Gifts Quest Chain
Throughout the three Anniversary regions are people sending gifts to each other! Although you can pick up the Gifts Quest Chain at any stage, there is a logical route you can take while you deliver the gifts:
- Bree to Combe: A Delicate Bracelet – Quest Giver: Roger Hazeltwig (Bree Centre)
- Combe (to Combe!): Delicious Pastries
- Combe to Michel Delving: Wooden Carving
- Michel Delving to Hobbiton: A New Hammer
- Hobbiton to Frérin’s Court: A Dwarf Shield
- Frérin’s Court to Thorin’s Hall Ale House: A Lucky Goat’s Horn
- Thorin’s Hall Ale House to Bree: A Pint of Ale
If You Just Want the Daily
If you just want to do the Gift-Giving quest line to achieve the daily, I suggest starting from #5. This way you can pick up the daily at the Party Tree and by the time you return to Hobbiton for A New Hammer, you’ve hit seven quests. Then you just have to nip up the road to turn in the daily wrapper.
A Flurry of Fireworks
How Many LOTRO Anniversary Tokens Can You Earn?
Beer Brawling is the quickest way to earn tokens – but a LOTRO Festival is not just about earning fast tokens. Experience the celebrations – relax and enjoy!
Newest LOTRO Anniversary Rewards
Here you will find the newest rewards for only this year. For everything else please see my Anniversary Celebration Rewards Guide.
To browse all the mounts from this event, see my LOTRO Anniversary Mounts Guide
All the new Crystal Resolve armourpieces are now in here! The Chestplate, Pauldrons and Boots also have screenshots of the item being worn by other races. So if you want to see how those may look on your character, just click/tap through.
Screenshots to follow, after maintenance on the 20th April!
What better way to celebrate a birthday with your very own…beetle?
Though, I have to admit, it is rather pretty from the side view.
The Corgis LOTRO have created this year are super cute! This one is for , but some players got free Mithril Coins in the freebie giveaways, so I used a chunk of those on this fireworks-pulling pup.
Don’t ask me! Instead, go give Déco du Milieu some love and enjoy their dedicated Anniversary Decorations page!
Also Available for Creeps (PvMP, thanks again @jewahe):
- Flaming Pinwheel Fireworks
- Enemy Tears Pinwheel Fireworks
To make the main guide more sane, I have moved some sections to their own dedicated pages. Check out:
- Anniversary Celebration Rewards: all current and past rewards available for tokens.
- LOTRO Anniversary Mounts: both for Anniversary Tokens and Mithril Coins
- Cosmetics: See my Anniversary Cosmetics catalogue.
As I am working on a proper database for the cosmetics, I will integrate this when it is ready. There may also be some shifting around of URLs to merge one or two, depending on how well the integration goes!
TL;DR Enjoy the 15th LOTRO Anniversary Event!
There is a lot going on even if you can’t, or don’t want to, do the Scavenger Hunts. You can obtain all the rewards as a solo and/or low-level player. So enjoy beating up other players, setting off fireworks and celebrating the 2022 LOTRO Anniversary with the community! The 15th Birthday is a biggie, so do get involved during the festivities!