Since starting Fibro Jedi, which began simply as an outlet for me to vent about Fibromyalgia and the various symptoms, it has grown way more than I had ever considered possible. With that growth I have made new friends, whether through the games directly, SWTOR and LOTRO, or via Social Media – and even people I have only ‘met’ while streaming! And that is massively humbling and I am grateful to anyone who has connected with me, especially over the last year or two where mine and my family’s challenges have greatly increased.
With life looking nothing like like it did I am effectively looking to build the long road of turning gaming into a future income stream to support my family. I cannot hold down a ‘normal’ job any more. And I am currently not working.
But there is no pressure for me to try to earn yet either. So if you would like to support and encourage me, there are many ways you can do so – most of which do not involve your money at all!
Provide Moral Support!
Above everything else, encouragement and moral support is the most in need right now. And here are some ways you can do that!
- Share my blog posts on your own social media feeds.
- Whitelist fibrojedi.me.uk from any Adblocking extensions or apps you may use. (this would help a LOT)
- Follow me on Twitter: @FibroJedi
- Follow me on Twitch: which you can do Right Here and get notified when I go live!
- Come Along to a Stream: even if you just want to lurk while you do other things, seeing folks ‘in the room’ is real encouragement to me!
- Subscribe to My YouTube Channel: I haven’t had energy to create many videos recently and, although YouTube pays poorly, every penny matters!
Want to Go Further?
If you feel you can support financially, there is no pressure to do so. My focus will always be enjoyment, adding value to the Internet and gaming communities and on the quality of the content. There are ways you can support even more if you wish:
- By a small monthly contribution: on Patreon: knowing how much will come into the family ‘pot’ next month can be really helpful as my wife manages the finances.
- Leave a Tip or ‘Cheer’ during a stream!
- Give a one-off Gift: via StreamLabs
In all these cases, I don’t know/receive anything to do with your payment methods. Your real name may be revealed to us (being my wife and I) via PayPal but that is all.
As I said, moral support and encouragement is priority number one, and always will be. So however you choose to support, please know it is massively appreciated and I am grateful.
Look after yourselves and please do reach out and chat with me – I’m not hard to find!