- When is the Farmer’s Faire?
- Barter Currency and Fish
- Quest Wrappers
- Where Are Festival Quests Found?
- Fishing Quests
- Bywater Quests (non-Fishing)
- Egg Scramble Event
- Going Hungry
- Maggot’s Mushroom Hunt
- Party Tree Quests
- Ered Luin Quests
- At the Races!
- Farmer’s Faire Deeds
Your old Summer Fest tokens will now be Farmer’s Faire tokens and imported quests will grant Farmer’s Tokens instead.
Per the LOTRO Events Schedule, the 2020 Farmer’s Faire:
- Starts: 20th August 2020 (3pm UK Time)
- Ends: 15th September 2020 (3am UK Time, recently extended )
- Farmers Faire Tokens: For Festival Rewards
- Big Fish
- Easy Fish
- Small Fish
- Puny Fish
- Other Fish: Possible, Bad, Tricky, Unlikely Fish (These come from the staged Quest Fishy, Very Fishy.
Barter Fish can be exchanged for additional Event Tokens.
Note: the Summer Festival barter fish can now be exchanged for Farmers Faire tokens. Or, use them in part-exchange for cosmetics from Quartermasters. These are Celebhal, Silver Haddock and Golden Redfish.
Where to Exchange Fish for Tokens?
Godo Bracegirdle at Bywater Pond will take your fish and give you tokens in return.
Although historically, Farmers Faire didn’t have “wrapper” quests, from 2020 it does. You can pick up A Sunny Faire Day from Capanula Chubb in Bywater.
Note: I believe you can pickup turn in the daily in both Bywater and at the Party Tree. I’ll check that soon.
Most of the quests for this event are at The Party Tree and at Bywater (the village proper and the nearby pond).
- Celondim, Ered Luin: “Sitting by the Dock” fishing quest.
- Duillond, Ered Luin:, “Missing Things” for Lalfor (see below), along with a dancing quest.
- Thorin’s Hall: “A River Runs Through It”, fishing quest, “Forgotten Errands” for Ambi, along with a dancing quest.
- Bree-land Pond (just South of the Skirmsh Camp): “To the Pond” fishing quest.
- The Race Courses: at Bree-land Race Track (near the Festival Ground) and the Shire (Just South of Michel Delving)
There are also standalone race ‘betting’ events that have their own horse transports for: The Keg Races and the Taste of Hobbiton (Click/Tap to Read More).
- Bree Festival Grounds
- Near the South Farthing Gate in the Shire (35.0S, 72.8W)
A successful run nets you 4 × Farmers Faire Tokens.
While most of the events for the Faire focus around Bywater, there are also quests at Sandson’s Farm and Bamfurlong (see Farms of the Shire). You can use the Fast Travel horses at Bywater instead of riding around The Shire, unless you want to of course! There are also insta-travel horses to The Taste of Hobbiton and the Keg Races.
Community Tip: This quest resets every 24hours, not at the global reset of 3am.
Note: this is a Staged quest, with the 10 ‘Good Fish’ being less and less probable – at least as far as I can discern.
I’ve never managed to complete this – and there is a Title available if you do (“Amazing Angler”). But again you can exchange the fish you do catch for Farmers Faire Tokens.
Note: You may receive “You cannot take that” warnings through this quest. I expect that’s where the “invisible dice” rolled an item you have already caught!
- Dig Up 5 Worms from Moist Earth nearby. Place these in the provided bucket.
- As Petunia hates the idea of hooking the worm, you have to do this for her! At the same Bucket as Stage 1.
- Catch 5 Suitable Dinner Fish because Petunia doesn’t want to drown the worms!
- Go converse with her brother in Hobbiton and then try to get out of helping Petunia for the rest of the day!
Stocking the Pond
- Where is the best place to find Amberjacks?
That would be Thorin’s Hall on the West Side of the building!
- Where is the best place to find Drums?
At the pond just South of Bree
- Where is the best place to find Luillims?
At Celondim Docks, not far away from the Stable Master
Once you have completed Stocking the Pond once it unlocks 4 fishing spree:
- A River Runs Through It (Thorin’s Hall)
- Sitting on the Dock “of the bay!” – (Celondim)
- The Pond (Just South of Bree)
- To the Fishing-Hole (Bywater Pond)
Why would you want to fish for that long? you may ask! Because Amberjacks, Luillims and Drum are all Barter Currency which can be converted into Farmer’s Faire Tokens, or select cosmetic gear at the Quartermaster. And after you’ve run around after everyone, 20 minutes fishing is quite relaxing I assure you!
Great Mathom Fishing Swap
- Pick up the quest from Mellia Pott at the Bywater fishing hut.
- Equip your fishing rod and quick-slot your Hobby skill.
- Fish for Mathoms for 10 minutes! And some weeds…
Bywater Quests (non-Fishing)
While some quest-givers can be found near Bywater Pond, not all are purely about fishing. Here are the non-fishing quests you can pick up in, or near, Bywater.
Belongings Gone Fishing
Mosco appears to have lost things while enjoying the Summer heat. Who has left fishing equipment and *gasp* his Elevenses somewhere in the vicinity of the Bywater Fishing Lake! Thankfully you, unlike he, are capable of retrieving these things for him!
Coordinates and screenshots provided below to help you find them.
Manning the Market
All items are in the Market area outside the Green Dragon in Bywater (See Shire Brew-Master Deed).
Note: I need to update this section as I missed a bunch of screenies because I was trying not to run out of time! But they will follow soon!
- 1 Golden Apple
- 3 Green Apples
- 6 Red Apples
Because the crates are randomly generated, you can loot the same crate over and over until you get what you need. It’s probably less annoying to the other players to do that too.
Note: if you get extra Red, Green or Golden Apples keep them for another day as they will still count!
- Behind the Bar at the Green Dragon
- In the Mushroom Tent (where you have just been while making stew)
- At the Methel-Stage North East of Bywater
Then just…yell at them!
This is The Shire. Food is part of the culture, and possibly the identity, of any hobbit. And the Mayor leads by example.
You have to bring 7 things the Mayor asks for and not bring him 3 things he doesn’t want. This is time-consuming but yields 5 Farmer’s Faire Tokens. However you can do this alongside Bounder Rounds to reduce waiting time!
Please be aware that not all comments made by the Mayor require something fetching. If in doubt, wait for another comment. You don’t get penalised for missing an item, only for fetching a wrong one!
What Does He Want?
- I need to cleanse my palate: Wine
- It’s missing something: Salt
- Bland bland bland: Salt
- Nice and salty, but my mouth is now dry: Bucket of Water
- Bread is too dry: Butter
- Needs a dab of something: Butter
- Spicy, spicy, spicy!: Milk
- Not quite rich enough: Butter
- Too fine a dish to be eaten without an accompaniment: Wine
- So Thirsty: Bucket of Water
- Too much pepper: Milk
- Need something tart: Wine
- Did Opal forget to season this? Salt
- S- s- spicy, save me! Milk
- It burns, it burns! Milk
- All this eating is hard work, I need to replenish! Water
Bounder Rounds sees you team up with The Bounders who are playing Bouncers at the Farmer’s Faire. They are here to make sure people don’t indulge in too much alcohol! Your job is to tell off 7 Hobbits for drunkeness, but avoid telling off 2 Sober Hobbits. The way to do this is to ‘listen in’ to people’s conversations. You can spot a drunken Hobbit if you look for a ‘say’ comment that indicates they have had too much booze, often indicated by a misspelling or words getting in the wrong order.
Community Tip: (thanks to 2 players):
If you’re quick, you can accuse the same Hobbit twice. Give them a good old telling off!
Revenge of the Drunkards
Once you’ve managed to successfully reprimand seven drunkards, you unlock Revenge of the Drunkards and switch sides! Speak with the nameless Drunkard near the entrance to the Green Dragon to begin! After downing a pint and addling your brain the fun begins!
The aim here is to throw 10 Rotten Vegetables at Bounders at the Faire without being spotted! The safest way I’ve managed to play this is to focus on the one wandering Bounder near the Green Dragon and stand on the hill or rooftop at the East of Bywater. You can then lob the vegetables like some veg-wielding sniper!
Phil gave an even better tip in the comments:
For Revenge of the Drunkards you can also stand behind the fence to the north of Bounder Boffin (i.e. towards the fishing hole) and lob veg at him with impunity. Every now and again the other Bounder will wander into range and you can clobber him also.
Thanks Phil, I immediatley changed to this strategy and probably halved the time it took to complete the quest!
Restocking the Market
Note: The magic pie speed buff is NOT applied if you have another speed buff in play such as: temporary comsumables, out-of-combat run speed jewellery and Hunter’s “Find the Path” skill. You’ll need to cancel your current buff for the pie to work!
- You can only do ONE Restocking the Market Quest per day. So it will take you 8 Days to complete the Helping Hand Deed.
A fun, timed event, the aim is to pick up 5 White Eggs dropped by frantic, clucking chickens before the time runs out! Other players will be racing to collect the same eggs! There are other coloured eggs which have Deeds attached to them. But be careful of picking up bad eggs – the more you collect the more blurred your vision becomes! Look for the mouldy gas coming from them!
There are also different coloured eggs that give multiple Farmer’s Faire Tokens. But using the different coloured eggs also progresses the Coloured Eggs Deed.
Egg Scramble Rewards
This quest has a one-hour cool-down so can be repeated frequently. If you have Mithril Coins you can reset it quicker, if you want.
Summer seems to make an awful lot of people very forgetful. Blame the heat, the overflow of food and drink…or the pipe-weed! Who knows? This time Melliot has lost his lunch, which consists of: Bread, Eggs, Cheese, Porridge and Fresh Mushrooms. Interesting Picnic! Here’s where you can find them all!
I am totally awful at this event! Farmer Maggot is famous for his mushrooms and Hobbit’s love to try to sneak into his field and steal some! So that is your aim! In the time the event runs, you have to pick 8 mushrooms and avoid Farmer Maggot’s dogs – Grip, Fang and Wolf!
- White Mushrooms give you 1 Farmers Faire Token and coloured ones grant you two tokens
- Coloured Mushrooms also have adverse effects!
- To get the quest’s 10 Token reward you have to avoid the dogs until the round is over.
If you succeeed however you’ll have earned a minimum of 18 Tokens and likely 20+. And the Mushroom Hunt only has a 1-hour Cool-Down, so keep repeating it if you enjoy it!
Party Tree Quests
Here are the formerly Summer Festival quests, which can be found around the Party Tree.
Defeat the Heat / Heatwaves
So long as you don’t annoy other players, you can defeat the same one over and over, if you like.
Too Much Festival
The first ‘lost items’ quest is Too Much Festival. Foxglove Tunnelly is the quest-giver. It requires you to search an area of The Shire for: a teapot, a parasol, some wine, a book and a ball of twine. Here is where you can find all the items she needs!
Too Much Festival Additional Reward
You receive 50 Virtue XP for this quest. As of 2020, you also get 4 × Farmers Faire Tokens.
Crash Landing – Find Crashed Kites
Here’s route I take for Ice Delivery, which avoids all hobbits and cats and completes the delivery in half the available time:
I wanted to mention these, but they really require no write-up.
Ered Luin Quests
While you’re roaming Ered Luin on Fishing quests, you can also pick up two others.
Missing Things – Lalfor’s List
Elves may be immortal, but they are not perfect – Lalfor has lost a few things around Duillond. You will need to look up as well as around – so enjoy the views while you retrieve his items!
Forgotten Errands – Ambi’s List
The carelessness spreads around Ered Luin next where a failed delivery means items spread all over Thorin’s Hall! Ambi can be found in Thorin’s Hall Inn .
Forgotten Errands requires you to find: A Red Jar, a Green Jar, a Blue Bottle, a Note and a Pack. Here’s a map where the pink dots represent an item’s location:
If you want to see screenshots, tap below:
At the Races!
If you manage to ‘bet’ and win on each individual contestant you unlock a new title: Lucky Duck!
If you win the bet you earn 6 Festival Tokens (Need to check this number). If you lose you can pick up 1 Farmer’s Faire Token from the Consolation Prize Box!
As 2020 is the first year that summer and Farmer’s Faire events were merged, there will be a few nuances I’ll pick up.
The first is: Speak to the Town Crier for the new Farmer’s Faire rewards. The nearby “Festival Rewards Vendor” appears to contain the old Summer Festival rewards.
Update: Since Update 27.3.1, this vendor now has a real name: Caltha Tunnelly.
The 2020 Farmer’s Faire offers three steeds purchasable with Tokens.
Steed of the Shimmering Breeze, Farmer’s Feast Steed and Steed of Summer’s Night. All these cost 80 Farmers Faire Tokens
Steed of the Shimmering Breeze
Farmer’s Feast Steed
Steed of Summer’s Night
If you’re looking for a different one, it may be that it is now included in the Mithril Coins Steeds.
I will try to update this in a week or so after the event has started.
The theme for this year, in case you hadn’t figured it, is the “Shimmering Breeze”. So here are the new cosmetics:
Shimmering Breeze Tunic
Shimmering Breeze Cloak
Shimmering Breeze Dress
Last Year’s Cosmetics
Short-Brimmed Straw Sun-Hat
Straw Sun-hat With Ribbon
Cloak of the Farmer’s Feast
Robe of the Farmer’s Feast
Cap of Summer’s Night
Tunic Set of Summer’s Night
Cloak of the Light Wisps
Previous Years’ Cosmetic Outfits and Items
There are many different cosmetics from previous years’ faires; clothing, backpacks, carried items and animal masks. Here is just a small small selection, available at a lower cost than this years’.
There are two groups here: one shows Farmer’s Faire and the other shows previous Summer Festival Cosmetics.
Previous Faire Outfit Cosmetics
Click/tap the link below to view the outfits:
Previous Summer Outfit CosmeticsShow
From the Quartermasters at Celondim Docks, Thorin’s Hall and Bree Pond you can obtain a Ceremonial Dress. The colour varies at each location – white, green and blue. You can’t preview other colours in outfit preview, so I don’t know that you can dye the dress other colours. I need to test whether this is feasible if you have Wardrobe access, however.
To purchase a Ceremonial Dress you will need one of the Rare Fish> from each region plus 6 Festival Tokens.
- Celondim: Celebhal
- Thorin’s Hall: Silver Haddock
- Bree Pond: Golden Redfish
All pets cost 60 Farmer’s Faire Tokens. This year there are two new pets:
Last Year’s Pets
Big Goat Kid
Thanks to @delphs the two kite ‘pets’ are pictured below.
Harvest Revelry Kite
Golden Grain Kite
You can acquire previous Summer Festival emotes from the “Festival Rewards” Hobbit at Bywater. You simply use your Farmers Faire Tokens to acquire them, now.
All emotes cost 80 Farmers Faire Tokens:
Hobbit Dance 4
Bubble Fish Pipe
- 6 × Rohan Green Dyes: 30 Tokens
- 6 × Sunset Orange Orange Dyes: 30 Tokens
- 6 × Shire Peach Dyes: 10 Mithril Coins
- 6 × Dark Clay Dyes: 10 Mithril Coins
The other two can be purchased with Mithril Coins. The dyes that are Token vs Mithril alternate each year, so if you like the dyes, best stock up!
If you want to see decorations in their previous Summer Festival and Farmer’s Faire here are the links:
Which Vendors Sell Decorations?
You can exchange LOTRO Farmers Faire tokens for decorations from Town Crier (Current Rewards), Festival Rewards (past Summer Festival rewards) and Quartermaster NPCs.
Farmer’s Faire Deeds
There will be duplicates in this guide until I’ve finished merging in the old Summer Festival deeds.
Rare Fish Title
- 20 × Starry Flounder (Bywater Pond)
- 20 × Golden Redfish (Bree Pond)
- 20 × Silver Haddock (Thorin’s Hall)
- 20 × Celebhal (Celondim Docks)
Helping Hand Title
- The “Go Fishing In” parts only complete once you have finished Stocking the Pond. Then complete the 20min fishing quests at Thorin’s Hall, Celondim Docks and Bree-land Pond.
- The “Go Fishing at Bywater” part is granted by completing the 10min fishing quest “At the Fishing-Hole”, which is immediately available after finishing Stocking the Pond.
- Fireworks for the Festival (Bree Festival Grounds) is a timed 1hr quest but you can pre-purchase the fireworks before picking up the quest. To do so, find the Fireworks Vendors in: Bree-land Festival Grounds, Duillond, Thorin’s Hall Inn, the Party Tree.
Important: if you logged into LOTRO during the Anniversary Event, you should have received a bunch of these through gift boxes. Check your bags and other storage before spending coin!
TL;DR Enjoy The 2020 LOTRO Farmers Faire
An event with a wide variety of activities, the LOTRO Farmer’s Faire is a really fun festival to attend. Tokens are pretty easy to rack up in this event, so kick back, relax and enjoy!
All my content will always be freely available. However, if you'd like to support myself and my family, please consider buying us a virtual coffee. Either way, thank you for visiting, I appreciate it!