Post Sections ⇅
- When is the Farmers Faire?
- Barter Currency and Fish
- Farmers Faire Quests
- Fishing Quests
- Bywater Quests (non-Fishing)
- Egg Scramble Event
- Going Hungry
- Maggot’s Mushroom Hunt
- Party Tree Quests
- Ered Luin Quests
- At the Races!
- Farmers Faire Deeds
Once upon a time in Middle-Earth, there were two festivals, then they became one and the LOTRO Farmers Faire became one huge celebration of fishing and food! There are so many different types of quests for those tokens, so you can choose those you most like the sound of and enjoy them. So let’s take a look at the 2023 Farmers Faire – and the gazillion things you can do to celebrate it!
When is the Farmers Faire?Per the LOTRO Events Schedule, the 2023 Farmers Faire:
- Starts: 17th August 2023 (3pm UK Time)
- Ends: 7th September 2023 (3am /servertime)
Barter Currency and Fish
- Farmers Faire Tokens: For Festival Rewards.
- Festivity Tokens: for unique rewards for running the Seasonal Instances.
- Big Fish
- Easy Fish
- Golden Redfish
- Small Fish
- Puny Fish
- Silver Haddock
- Other Fish: Possible, Bad, Tricky, Unlikely Fish (These come from the staged Quest Fishy, Very Fishy.
Where to Exchange Fish for Tokens?You are looking for NPCs who have the Quartermaster title. Godo Bracegirdle at Bywater Pond will take your fish and give you tokens in return.
FJ Note: I’m also fairly sure there is one at the Party Tree.
Farmers Faire Quests
Where Are Festival Quests Found?
- The Party Tree
- Celondim, Ered Luin: “Sitting by the Dock” fishing quest.
- Duillond, Ered Luin:, “Missing Things” for Lalfor, along with a dancing quest.
- Thorin’s Hall: “A River Runs Through It”, fishing quest, “Forgotten Errands” for Ambi, along with a dancing quest.
- Bree-land Pond (just South of the Skirmish Camp): “To the Pond” fishing quest.
- The Race Courses: at Bree-land Race Track (near the Festival Ground) and the Shire (just South of Michel Delving)
Read: LOTRO Fishing – How to Get Started
Big Fish, Little FishThe aim of this is to catch 7 Big Fish and not catch 5 little fish. This quest is based on chance/random numbers. That means it doesn’t matter how advanced your fishing skill is, nor how good your fishing rod is. Even if you fail this quest, depending on how many fish you catch you can exchange some fish for tokens at the barter vendor – so you don’t really “lose out”. Community Tip: This quest resets every 24 hours, not at the global reset of 3am.
Fishy, Very FishyA variant on the above, Fishy, Very Fishy is a multi-stage quest. The aim is to catch 10 types of “good fish” but not catch one “bad fish”. Note: this is a Staged quest, with the 10 ‘Good Fish’ being less and less probable – at least as far as I can discern. I’ve never managed to complete this – and there is a Title available if you do (“Amazing Angler”). But again you can exchange the fish you do catch for Farmers Faire Tokens.
Pond or Thief?Goldie Tunnelly has lost a number of items, having had them “stolen” by the Pond at Bywater! You have to fish for them! This is a straightforward fish-until-you-finish job. You need to catch a chair, some spectacles, a tea-cup, a hat and a list of lost goods! Note: You may receive “You cannot take that” warnings through this quest. I expect that’s where the “invisible dice” rolled an item you have already caught!
Hired HookPetunia Hornblower has been tasked with catching her own fish for dinner, a job normally reserved for her brother. Not realising how much effort (and disguting-ness!) was involved before she ate the fish meals she enjoyed, she instead asks you to help her catch the fish! This is a multi-stage quest but is not all that time consuming:
- Dig Up 5 Worms from Moist Earth nearby. Place these in the provided bucket.
- As Petunia hates the idea of hooking the worm, you have to do this for her! At the same Bucket as Stage 1.
- Catch 5 Suitable Dinner Fish because Petunia doesn’t want to drown the worms!
- Go converse with her brother in Hobbiton and then try to get out of helping Petunia for the rest of the day!
Stocking the Pond
- Where is the best place to find Amberjacks?
That would be Thorin’s Hall on the West Side of the building!
- Where is the best place to find Drums?
At the pond just South of Bree
- Where is the best place to find Luillims?
At Celondim Docks, not far away from the Stable Master
- A River Runs Through It (Thorin’s Hall)
- Sitting on the Dock “of the bay!” – (Celondim)
- The Pond (Just South of Bree)
- To the Fishing-Hole (Bywater Pond)
Great Mathom Fishing Swap
- Pick up the quest from Mellia Pott at the Bywater fishing hut.
- Equip your fishing rod and quick-slot your Hobby skill.
- Fish for Mathoms for 10 minutes! And some weeds…
See my Guide to LOTRO Fishing if you need a little more help!
Bywater Quests (non-Fishing)While some quest-givers can be found near Bywater Pond, not all are purely about fishing. Here are the non-fishing quests you can pick up in, or near, Bywater.Belongings Gone Fishing | Manning the Market | “Shopping Lists” | Apple Shopping | Fresh Savoury Mushroom Stew | A Nosey Request | Fat Mayor | Bounder Rounds | Revenge of the Drunkards | Restocking the Market
Belongings Gone FishingMosco appears to have lost things while enjoying the Summer heat. Who has left fishing equipment and *gasp* his Elevenses somewhere in the vicinity of the Bywater Fishing Lake! Thankfully you, unlike he, are capable of retrieving these things for him!Coordinates and screenshots provided below to help you find them.
Manning the Market
Shopping List QuestsThere are 3 shopping list quests. These are lists made by Hobbits of items they need for the Faire. But you must read them carefully to make sure you pick up the right item. If you pick up a wrong one, then you have to start that list over. All items are in the Market area outside the Green Dragon in Bywater. Instead of detailling what each paragraph means, I’m going to list the right items in the right order. I will also steer you away from things you do not need.
A Shopping List
- Red Onion
- Green Apple
- White Bread
- Small Cabbage
- Port Chop (the huge leg-looking thing)
- Soft Cheese (the white one)
A Market List
- White Onion
- Green Apple
- White Bread
- No Cabbage
- No Meat
- Hard Cheese (Orangy coloured one)
A Vendor List
- White Onion
- No Apples
- Brown/Seeded Bread
- Large Cabbage
- Hard Cheese (Orangy coloured one)
- Related items do not become unusable just because you’ve selected the right one. You could still pick up the wrong cheese as well as the right one!
- If you get stuck, use the items’ tooltips.
- 1 Golden Apple
- 3 Green Apples
- 6 Red Apples
A Nosey Request
- Behind the Bar at the Green Dragon
- In the Mushroom Tent (where you have just been while making stew)
- At the Methel-Stage North East of Bywater
Fresh Savoury Mushroom StewFor this quest you must find the recipe for the Fresh Savoury Mushroom Stew and then carry out the recipe’s instructions to make the stew! Unlike the shopping lists, which could be done in any order, you must do this in order. Which makes sense, as it’s a recipe! Here are the main steps to complete this quest:
Fat MayorAs many of you seemed to search specifically for this quest, I have created a separate LOTRO Fat Mayor Quest Guide.This will open in a new tab or window so you don’t lose your place on this Faire guide.
If you are not seeing any text appearing over the Hobbits in Bywater you have Speech Bubbles turned off. Head into Settings, search for “Bubble” and tick the box.Community Tip: (thanks to 2 players):
If you’re quick, you can accuse the same Hobbit twice. Give them a good old telling off!To avoid duplicating what others have done, here’s the Wiki entry with the complete list of what to watch out for!
Revenge of the Drunkards
Phil: For Revenge of the Drunkards you can also stand behind the fence to the north of Bounder Boffin (i.e. towards the fishing hole) and lob veg at him with impunity. Every now and again the other Bounder will wander into range and you can clobber him also.Thanks Phil, I immediately changed to this strategy and probably halved the time it took to complete the quest!
Restocking the Market
- You can only do ONE Restocking the Market Quest per day. So it will take you 8 Days to complete the Helping Hand Deed.
Egg Scramble Event
The Golden Egg?I’ve seen numerous players say ‘Wow I got a golden egg! I thought that was just a myth!’. Myth, no – legend, very likely! Thanks to Archosaur for providing the shot below proving that the mysterious Golden Egg does indeed exist! And also to Lasswen for the Collect the Golden Egg Deed entry too!
Going HungrySummer seems to make an awful lot of people very forgetful. Blame the heat, the overflow of food and drink…or the pipe-weed! Who knows? This time Melliot has lost his lunch, which consists of: Bread, Eggs, Cheese, Porridge and Fresh Mushrooms. Interesting Picnic! Here’s where you can find them all!
Maggot’s Mushroom Hunt
Party Tree QuestsHere are the LOTRO Farmers Faire quests that can be found around the Party Tree.
Defeat the Heat
Too Much FestivalThe first ‘lost items’ quest is Too Much Festival. Foxglove Tunnelly is the quest-giver. It requires you to search an area of The Shire for: a teapot, a parasol, some wine, a book and a ball of twine. Here is where you can find all the items she needs!
Too Much Festival Additional Reward
Other QuestsI wanted to mention these, but they really require no write-up.
Fly kites around the Party Tree and near Hobbiton.
All kites are marked on your map, no searching needed!
Gulp some water into your mouth and “Create a Fountain” to cool off overheating patrons. Yes, spit that water over them and hope that they’re grateful!
See Emotes to get this spit-spray for your character. Lovely.
Ered Luin QuestsWhile you’re roaming Ered Luin on Fishing quests, you can also pick up two others.
Missing Things – Lalfor’s ListElves may be immortal, but they are not perfect. Case in point, Lalfor has lost a few things around Duillond. You will need to look up as well as around – so enjoy the views while you retrieve his items!
Forgotten Errands – Ambi’s List
More than a WagerQuest-giver: Skalli, at The Keg-hopping Race.While you wait for the Keg Race to begin go help Skalli with his woes. Well, he’s very relatable. He keeps betting on the wrong Dwarf and declares that he hates festivals! In his anger he’s thrown his own stuff all over the place. So, instead of doing it himself, he sends you. Some people are best left brooding, to be honest.
At the Races!There are two races for you, one is a food race and the other a drinking one! You can travel to these locations from the Party Tree. And each individual race track also has the insta-horses to the other race.
These are Now DailiesThese are only repeatable daily now, unlike previous years. Thanks MinstrelByNight.
The Keg-hopping RaceThere are four drunken sops (“fine, upstanding Dwarves”) taking part in an ale race around the wee circuit. Which one will you support?
The Taste of HobbitonIn a similar vein to The Keg-hopping Race, the Taste of Hobbiton pits for Hobbits against each other. This time, the contestants eat from tables around the track. Some food makes them slow down until the next table. I also noticed that some may run a little quicker, at least to the first table. It’s hard to tell after that!
Too Much of Everything DeedSomeone told me yesterday that I was missing a deed and, indeed, I am! Too Much of Everything is completed when you bet on and win all racers three times in both races. That grants you the joyous /heave emote – I guess because if you do too much running while having a full stomach…
RewardsYou can purchase rewards (for tokens) from two vendors:
New Cosmetic Outfits 2023LOTRO have given us some sneak peeks of the rewards before the event starts. So, I can only share what everyone has.
Previous Years’ Cosmetic Outfits and ItemsBrowse all the past Faire cosmetics by clicking/tapping the button below. I’ve laid it out in various sections, but if you are looking for a specific item, then use the A-Z tab, or bung the name into my site’s search.Farmers Faire Cosmetics Library
Festivity Token CosmeticsDuring the Farmers Faire you can earn Festivity Tokens. You do this by running the Seasonal Instance The Perfect Picnic. Remember, you can earn Festivity Tokens at any event that has a Seasonal Instance, so they are not event-specific. Here are the cosmetics available during Farmers Faire:
Cosmetic Pet(s) and KitesAll pets cost 60 × Farmers Faire Tokens.
New Pets for 2023
Previous Years’ PetsTo see all the pets available from the Farmers Faire, head over to my LOTRO Pets page and select “Farmers Faire”.
For other mounts, including more that are available for Farmers Faire Tokens, see my Farmers Faire Mounts.
Most Farmers Faire mounts have the equivalent look available as war-steed appearances too. I’ve organised them into a Farmers Faire War-Steeds page for you.
EmotesYou can acquire previous Summer Festival emotes from the “Festival Rewards” Hobbit at Bywater. You simply use your Farmers Faire Tokens to acquire them, now.All emotes cost 80 Farmers Faire Tokens:
Which Vendors Sell Decorations?You can exchange LOTRO Farmers Faire tokens for decorations from Caltha Tunnelly (Current Rewards), Dill Goodchild (past Summer Festival rewards) and Quartermaster NPCs.
Farmers Faire DeedsThere will be duplicates in this guide until I’ve finished merging in the old Summer Festival deeds.
Rare Fish Title
- 20 × Starry Flounder (Bywater Pond)
- 20 × Golden Redfish (Bree Pond)
- 20 × Silver Haddock (Thorin’s Hall)
- 20 × Celebhal (Celondim Docks)
Fine Faire Fishing
Helping Hand Title
- The “Go Fishing In” parts only complete once you have finished Stocking the Pond. Then complete the 20min fishing quests at Thorin’s Hall, Celondim Docks and Bree-land Pond.
- The “Go Fishing at Bywater” part is granted by completing the 10min fishing quest “The Fishing-Hole”, which is immediately available after finishing Stocking the Pond.
- Fireworks for the Festival (Bree Festival Grounds) is a timed 1hr quest but you can pre-purchase the fireworks before picking up the quest. To do so, find the Fireworks Vendors in: Bree-land Festival Grounds, Duillond, Thorin’s Hall Inn, the Party Tree.