Post Sections ⇅
- What is the Wildwood of Bree-land?
- How to Buy the Questpack Region
- Where Do I Start the Wildwoods?
- Unlocking Return To, Musters and Guides
- The Two Wildwood Factions
- Wildwood Rewards
- Wildwood of Bree-land Deeds
Welcome to the first in my series about the Wildwood of Bree-land region in LOTRO! In this post, I’ll be giving you an overview of its various aspects, helping you to get started and giving you screenshots of the region and some of the rewards. What I will not be doing during this series is giving any story spoilers. Both the main stories are great and I want you to go experience them for yourself!
What is the Wildwood of Bree-land?
Where is the Wildwood?The Wildwood of Bree-land is a region nestled between the North Downs and Evendim, and is situated North of Bree-land. It is an area with no connection to the Epic questline but with its own stories (there are two primary ones). It was the first of the new lower-level regions developed by LOTRO to give characters an alternative leveling experience. SSG also showed they were up for developing new content for players lower down the levels – not just end game.
Aimed at Lower LevelsYou can begin the Wildwood region from Level 45 and, now that I’ve nearly completed all the deeds, you can level up to L52-53 quite comfortably. By that I mean without boosts or XP events and so on. As a player who’s never been (and will never be) at the latest “end game”, I was really excited by this and I’ve really enjoyed this.
Angle of Mitheithel is Here!If you’re not quite at the Level 45 requirement for the Wildwood, then LOTRO have released the Angle of Mitheithel, which is roughly for Level 40-45! This is also a standalone region based in the Trollshaws with its own stories and reputation faction. Enjoy!
Screenshots of the WildwoodsBefore I launch into the details about this region in LOTRO, I want to show you some shots of it first. Because gaming should be more than just leveling and making numbers bigger.
How to Buy the Questpack RegionAccording to the Wiki, you can acquire it either:
- LOTRO Points: 1,195
- For free while you have VIP Status
Where Do I Start the Wildwoods?
TrestlebridgeAs you enter Trestlebridge from the South (from Bree-land) turn West and head through the archway. Speak with Aran Greenwith to get started with the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood questline.
Trader’s WharfTrader’s Wharf was one of those geographical areas that looked like something should happen there, or some quests started there. Yet you usually had no reason to go. Now you do! Once you arrive, speak to Enid Nettlesting to begin the League of the Axe questline.
How To Reach the Start of the Wildwood QuestsBefore you have earned the return to, muster or guide skills for Trestlebridge and Trader’s Wharf, you’ll need to navigate there yourself. Here’s how:
By RoadFrom Bree, take the West Gate and head North. Stick on that path and you’ll eventually reach the Trestlebridge Gate. It is a really lovely ride or walk and will only take a couple of minutes on horseback.
By StablemasterYou can take the Stablemaster (aka “Horse Taxi”, as I call it) from Bree West Gate to Trestlebridge, assuming you’ve already unlocked your destination stables.
From EstldinFrom the North Downs, take the Stablemaster from Esteldin to Trestlebridge. Again, I’ve assumed a prior visit here. If you haven’t unlocked the Trestlebridge Stablemaster for some reason you could ride or walk all the way from Esteldin to Trestlebridge. But the Bree run feels quicker.
Trader’s WharfOkay, this one’s a bit trickier – at least for the first time. Apart from actually traversing the whole of the Wildwood from Trestlebridge (not a bad idea, actually), the other ways involve water.
Swim the BrandywineFrom the point Bree-land becomes the Shire, swim North up the Brandywine River (as you do during Tale of a Shipwrecked Mariner). The Wharf is on your right (East).
Trek & SwimThe nearest Stablemaster is Dwaling (Evendim, 20.8S, 64.7S). Head there, then go East to the shore of the Brandywine and swim across. You’re still in Everswim, remember?
Unlocking Return To, Musters and GuidesUnlike many reputation factions in Middle-Earth, you only need to acquire Acquaintance standing with the respective factions.
Return to TrestlebridgeAcquaintance standing with the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood Cost: 25 × Token of the Wild NPC: Trestlebridge, Quartermaster (17.7S, 54.4W)
The Two Wildwood FactionsThe reason there are two bases of operations in the Wildwood of Bree-land is because there are two groups interested in it – for two different reasons. They are not at war with each other (as such), they just have different goals – and you can achieve Kindred standing with both sides relatively easily.
The Woodcutter’s BrotherhoodTheWoodcutter’s Brotherhood (and sisterhood…) have set up their base at Trestlebridge. This is because their aim is the rebuilding and recovery of the town. And, as the story progresses, you will see small improvements they make too.
Wildwood MissionsFrom Trestlebridge you can also undertake Missions – but note these are not for Woodcutter’s Brotherhood Tokens or League of the Axe Tokens as they are factionless. Intead, you earn Bree-land Wood-marks .
The League of the AxeEnid Nettlesting tells you in your first quest that her people have had to endure a lot of hardship. So they are making a new home for themselves at Trader’s Wharf, and to make a name for themselves. (I’m not going to tell you any more about them as you’ll discover this as you progress the League of the Axe questline!).
Sustainable LivingAnother priority for the League is to be careful how to use the resources of the Wildwood.
Extracting resources from these lands in a way that does not hurt the Wildwood.You’ll have to scout the woods and check out some of the natural resources there to gain admittance to the League.
Wildwood ReputationYou can improve your standings with the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood and the League of the Axe in various ways:
Faction-specific QuestsBoth the main story for each faction and the daily repeatable quests from NPCs grant reputation for their faction.
Minda HeathertoesLeague of the Axe Only Minda, who is starts off at Trader’s Wharf, has a non-repeatable questline. Her quests give both reputation with the League of the Axe and League of the Axe Tokens .
Daily (10 Quest) RepeatableComplete factionless quests, to get some faction-specific reputation. Which faction you are supporting that day depends where you picked up the daily. For the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood, speak to Aran Greenwith and for the League of the Axe, speak with Enid Nettlesting. Missions count towards this daily, as they are factionless. Bounty Postings also count, for the same reason, regardless of which base you pick them up from.
Completion of Deeds
Wildwood RewardsAs with all reputation vendors in LOTRO, you unlock the ability to barter for items as your standing increases. To be fair, it may take you until Kindred to amass enough Marks of the Wild anyway! Also note some items are for Marks of the Wild, while others are for or .
Available from Both Factions
The Woodcutter’s Brotherhood RewardsQuartermaster: Trestlebridge
- Marks of the Wild × 5: 1 × Woodcutter’s Brotherhood Token
- Return to Trestlebridge: 25 ×
- Guide to Trestlebridge: 25 ×
- Muster in Trestlebridge: 25 ×
- Gear: Elegant Bracelet of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Gear: Polished Bracelet of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Gear: Peerless Bracelet of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Gear: Elegant Earring of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Gear: Polished Earring of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Gear: Peerless Earring of the Wildwood: 100 ×
- Cosmetic Pet: Tome of the Wildwood Tusker: 30 ×
- Decoration: Wildwood Banner: 25 ×
- Wild Root Whistle: 100 ×
- Decoration: Woodcutter’s Stone Outbuilding: 150 ×
- Decoration: Workman’s Shed: 125 ×
- Decoration: Workman’s Wheelbarrow: 50 ×
- 10 × Logs of Black Ash Wood: 25 ×
The League of the Axe Rewards
- Marks of the Wild × 5: 1 × League of the Axe Token
- League of the Axe Token : 20 × Marks of the Wild
- Return to Trader’s Wharf: 25 ×
- Guide to Trader’s Wharf: 25 ×
- Muster in Trader’s Wharf: 25 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Greaves: 150 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Leggings: 150 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Trousers: 150 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Sabatons: 150 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Boots: 150 ×
- Gear: Wildwood Shoes: 150 ×
- Cosmetic Pet: Tome of the Young Wild Moose: 30 ×
- Decoration: Model Trader’s Wharf Ship: 25 ×
- Decoration: Simple Replica Arnorian Tomb: 100 ×
- Decoration: Tall Replica Arnorian Tomb: 100 ×
- Decoration: Elaborate Replica Arnorian Tomb: 100 ×
- Outfit Cosmetic: Ceremonial Hooded Cloak of the Wildwood: 150 ×
- 10 × Chunks of Ancient Iron Ore: 25 ×
- 10 × Chunks of Ancient Silver Ore: 25 ×
Titles from DeedsHere is a selection of titles you can earn through completing deeds in the Wildwood:
- Smeller of Flowers: Flowers of the Wildwood
- Scout of the Forest: Sites of the Wildwood
- Defender of the Wildwood: Missions: The Wildwood
- (Class) of the Wildwood
- the Trapper: The League of the Axe
- League of the Wildwood: Ally to the League of the Axe and Kindred to the Woodcutter’s Brotherhood
- Vanquisher of the Wildwood: Slayer of the Wildwood
Bree-land Wood-marks (Missions Currency)
You can trade these with Radhril at Trestlebridge. There are a lot of rewards available, including gear relevant to your level. So instead of listing them all here, I’m just going to say visit the Wiki for the full list.
Wildwood of Bree-land Deeds
- Explorer of the Wildwood
- Quests of the Wildwood
(which includes a separate Missions portion)
- Slayer of the Wildwood
(which includes a Mission-slayer deed)
- The League of the Wildwood