The TL;DR is this: Aside from anonymous visitor data, no other stuff is collected from you unless you opt-in to do so – e.g. via comments or by emailing me. Please just ask if you want me to find and remove your information permanently and I’ll do that.
I’ll update this page when I am able to.
- Who Is “Fibro Jedi”?
- What Personal data We/I Collect and Why We Collect It
- Google Analytics Cookies
- Google AdSense Cookies
- EU Cookie Law Compliance
- Embedded Content from Other Websites
- If You Email Me
- Who We Share Your Data With
- How Long We/I Retain Your Data
- Want Your Data Deleted? – AKA “What Rights You Have Over Your Data
- Third Party Privacy Policies (Provided to Help you)
Fibro Jedi is not a business, or organisation but an individual. Although I do not publish my real name on this blog, you can easily get in touch with me if you have any questions about your data, privacy, or anything like that. You may contact me on any platform mentioned below.
- Official Website URL: apparently, despite the fact that you’re here, I need to make this clear. So the official Fibro Jedi URL is: https://fibrojedi.me.uk/
If there is another one out there somewhere, it’s not me.
- Twitter: @FibroJedi
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FibroJedi – You can Private Message (“PM”) my page if you need to.
- E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]. It’s the same inbox. And the same person.
If you make a formal request for either any data I have on you (which is minimal, see below) or to remove any data, then I probably should give you my real name in the medium you choose to make said request.
No personally-identifiable data is handled by this site at all, unless you join in the conversations by using the comments. As this site is driven by WordPress, I can see the following:
- Your E-mail Address
- Your Nick-Name or Name: this will be whatever you choose to provide when making a comment.
- Your IP Address
- Your browser’s “User Agent String” – i.e. the stupidly-long name your browser calls itself.
These are stored on a server, provided by a trusted, established company. This company is based in the United Kingdom. These servers have strong password protection, firewalls and other security measures designed to keep these details safe.
As I don’t have a mailing list, I do not “choose” to collect personal data. Should you provide it then that is your choice. It is also your choice to have it removed from our database (the website runs on a database – and this is the only database I have).
The main reason things like Browser and IP address are collected is to help prevent SPAM and protect normal, every day visitors from SPAM.
In order to understand my visitors, how you interact with the site is recorded anonymously and cannot be linked to your details mentioned above. This helps me to see which kinds of content are most popular so I can continue to write stuff you actually want!
If you come through a Google/Bing search and are using HTTPS, I don’t know the keyword you use before landing on my site as this is encrypted and not transmitted by these search engines.
In order to try and cover some of my costs as well as help my income a tiny bit (my capacity for earning limited by Fibromyalgia) there is an ad in the sidebar and at other various points in content. You can block these cookies to prevent ads showing by utilising a third-party ad blocker.
I think I currently manage about £10/month. So trust me when I say I’m not getting rich by these ads. But every penny really helps me.
If you click these ads, I may, at Google’s discretion gain a few cents for your click.
Your use of this site is not limited in any way if you block these ads.
I personally do not get any data about you or your click, however it is likely that Google themselves use that data to provide you with “more personalised” ads. Please see Google’s own Privacy and GDPR stuff on how and why they store and process your data. Just know that Fibro Jedi doesn’t know any of that stuff.
When you first come across the site, you will be informed that cookies may be placed for the above purposes. I am following the EU’s method called ‘Implied Consent’. This means by continuing to read this blog or participate in discussions, you’re happy for me to use these cookies. By using implied consent, my web stats are more accurate, allowing me to know what content is most frequently read so I can produce more of that kind of stuff!
To the best of my memory the only embedded content on this site is in the form of YouTube videos. If you spot something else, please let me know. And forgive my horrible memory.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you send me email, these are not stored on a local machine – nor are these copied to external hardware or printed out. I take advantage of Outlook.com’s email servers to keep email in ‘the cloud’, on Microsoft’s servers, protected by their firewalls, spam filters and my own email and password combination. My login email address is not the one listed below, which adds an extra layer of protection.
We (meaning “I”) do not share or sell your data to any third party in the way that many would perceive “sharing”. However, by virtue of a website requiring hosting, your data is stored on the hosting companies servers as the website has to exist somewhere.
I also use backup systems and email using third party “Cloud Services” therefore your information is “shared” in order to provide backups, stability of service and to ensure emails are not stored on local machines.
I also utilise Dropbox to create a backup of the website each week in the event that service is disrupted for whatever reason.
- Your data (as contained in the website backup) is zipped (compressed) and to the best of my knowledge not accessed by anyone at Dropbox.
- If you make a request to have data deleted, I will also delete all backups, remove the data from the live website, and make a fresh backup. At the same time I will ensure that your data is removed from any temporary “bin” the deleted data is in. i.e. “removed” means permanent, and cannot be restored.
- This also means that your data is temporarily exported outside the European Union. As mentioned above, if you request deletion of your data, then it will be deleted from everywhere. Nice and simple.
- Emails sent to Fibro Jedi are stored in Cloud Based system Outlook.com – a Microsoft organisation. Again, therefore your information is held outside the European Union. Emails are not downloaded to any local machine. Because there’s no point.
- Emails: emails received are held indefinitely on Outlook.com until there is a reason to remove them. This is because I have a terrible memory and therefore keeping emails allows me to be reminded of past conversations with you, to inform future ones.
- Comments: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Keeping comments also facilitates community and user-input helpful for improving the content on which the comment is provided.
- Misc: this site does not have a registration facility enabled.
If you have communicated with me either using the comments, or by email, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may need to remind me of ways you have communicated with me in the past:
- Patreon Private Message
- Website Comment
- YouTube Comment
- Twitter Direct Message (DM)
- Facebook Private Message (PM) to the Fibro Jedi page
- Discord Private Message
Once you are satisfied I have remove anything you ask for, I will then permanently delete the email requesting the removal.
On the basis that I use third party sites, because frankly, who doesn’t, then here are some helpful links to those relevant third party websites so, if you use them, you can be fully informed.
- If You’re a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/privacy
- If You Watch/Follow/Subscribe to my Twitch Streams: https://www.twitch.tv/p/en-gb/legal/privacy-policy/
- DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/en_GB/privacy
- My Website’s Hosting Company: https://peakplex.com/privacy-policy/
- Google: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895?hl=en-GB
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
If you have any questions, want an export of your data, or removal of your data please feel free to get in touch by
- E-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]. It’s the same inbox. And the same person.
- Twitter: @FibroJedi (I suggest you make use of the Direct Messaging Facility, rather than a public tweet)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FibroJedi – You can Private Message (“PM”) my page
I will keep your ‘deletion request email’ until you are satisfied I have carried out your request. At that point the request email wil be removed. Ironically you have to give me your data (in an email) to get me to remove it. Fun, eh?