So you’ve battled through 16 chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire (KotFE). You’ve finally brought Emperor Arcann to his knees at the culmination of the Battle of Odessen. The war is won, isn’t it? Well no, it isn’t. Sorry to disappoint! You still have one potentially important decision to make: Do you let Arcann and Senya go, or do you try to shoot them down?
Why Letting Go, or Shooting Down Even Happens
As you leave the Bridge of Arcann’s flagship, it is being torn apart by other Eternal Fleet vessels thanks to SCORPIO (of GEMINI Deception infamy) controlling sections of the fleet. The Outlander has to flee the vessel before it comes apart. Unable to return to the Gravestone via the shuttle you arrived in, you are sent on a chase to find a spare transport.
During that run, Arcann’s mother Senya enters the Bridge, using the Force to dislodge the debris standing in her way. Upon seeing her son lying unconscious, and possibly dead, she drags him out sobbing
“No… I wanted to save you!”
Arcann regains consciousness in time for Vaylin to arrive, attempting to finish her mother off but is Force Thrown away by Arcann himself. So they flee to Arcann’s personal shuttle in an attempt to escape. Arcann is defeated but not destroyed. (The same wording Lana uses to describe the old stories of The Gravestone defeating the Eternal Fleet). So at the same time as you are leaving the dying Flagship, so are Senya and Arcann.
How Do You Choose?
As you leave you are informed by Senya that she isn’t returning to you to let you “Finish This”. With that you haul your ship around in hot pursuit. Then you have that agonising moment when given the choice: Let Arcann and Senya Go or Shoot Them Down?
- Theron Shan says you’ll kill both your arch enemy and Senya (someone who has been an ally up to this point)
- Koth in his usual style, wants to kill them both.
I ran a Twitter poll so of people who responded (if it’s still live, please vote!)
Any Consequences? [Spoilers]
As it currently stands we don’t know the end result. There are closing cutscene impacts.
- If you do not shoot at Arcann’s ship, Senya declares “Your mercy will be remembered”. Although, you do not get an “your action will be remembered” notification. So whether this statement is an indication of future encounters, we don’t know.
- If you let Senya and Arcann flee, Koth (if he is still in your Alliance of course) destroys the atmosphere of celebration with a scowl enough to bring down the Eternal Empire! Lana steps in as diplomat saying “Koth just needs time”.
- If you try to shoot them down, Theron Shan rebukes your attempt due to nearly killing Senya
Interestingly this is not a Light Side or Dark Side choice. It’s just a choice.
Battle of Odessen Alternative Endings [Spoilers]
On Vulkk’s YouTube Channel, He calls it Light Side and Dark Side endings, probably for clarity or brevity. I finally managed to record my own endings, on different characters:
Let Senya and Arcann Go (“Light Side”)
Here’s one of my characters Letting Arcann and Senya Go:
Shoot Them Down (“Dark Side”)
TL;DR Shoot or Let Arcann and Senya Go – What Did You Do?
If you missed the poll, or aren’t on Twitter, feel free to share what you chose in the comments. Let me know why you chose the way you did too!
All my content will always be freely available. However, if you'd like to support myself and my family, please consider buying us a virtual coffee. Either way, thank you for visiting, I appreciate it!