- When is the 2020 LOTRO Anniversary?
- Why Do I Keep Receiving Fireworks?
- Where Are LOTRO Anniversary Quests Found?
- Another Lovely Year (Daily) and Quest Wrappers
- Earning Anniversary Tokens
- Anniversary Gifts Quest Chain
- How Many LOTRO Anniversary Tokens Can You Earn?
- LOTRO Anniversary Event Rewards 2020
- What are Anniversary Steel Tokens?
- LOTRO Anniversary Token Vendor After the Event
- The Scavenger Hunt
When is the 2020 LOTRO Anniversary?
The 2020 Anniversary Event is from 23rd April at 10am /ServerTime to the 21st May 2020 at 3am Server Time.
Why Do I Keep Receiving Fireworks?
Every week the Anniversary Event is on, you’ll receive the quest The Anniversary Celebration Has Arrived!. As part of that you’ll get a box of fireworks. Keep one of each type for Summer Festival. Yes, you heard me right! If your character has not completed the Celebrating Sunshine Deed, then use these free fireworks to complete it when Summer Fest arrives.
Where Are LOTRO Anniversary Quests Found?
As the whole of Middle Earth is celebrating the anniversary, you will find yourself in three main map regions!
- Bree Town Centre and Bree Race Courses
- The Shire: the Methel-Stage and the Shire Racing Track
- Thorin’s Hall Ale House (also called Thorin’s Hall Inn in some quests)
Hunters with travel guides rejoice! The rest of you will need to use Quick Travel to ride around everywhere. (Thankfully there are LOTRO Plugins that can help you with that!). There is no Swift Travel to Hobbiton -- you will need to swift Travel to Michel Delving and then take a normal horse taxi, or your own mount, to Hobbiton to reach the Methel-Stage. (Note: I may have to update this as I think LOTRO indroduced a Swift Travel to the Party Tree for festivals).
Another Lovely Year (Daily) and Quest Wrappers
Where’s the Daily ‘Wrapper’ Quest?
You can also earn Figments of Splendour by completing the various ‘wrapper quests’. These can also be picked up from Waldo Rumble.
How Do I Hit 7 Daily Quests?
When the Gifts Quest Chain is on cool-down, how you complete the Daily 7-Quest wrapper?
Really, really easily! See the box on the right, or below if you’re on a smaller device.
Any combination of:
- If, for some reason, you haven’t done the intro tour, then grab it from the Bree Fireworks field. It counts.
- Fireworks Bree, (every 1/2hr at night)
- Fireworks Shire, if there are enough enough people
- Sparking an Interest (every 3hrs)
- Beer Brawling (every 9 minutes)
- Any Scavenger Hunt Card (Eriador or Main one)
- If you’ve done at least one Scavenger card for years 1-11, then The Mastermind’s Minion can be done one day. It counts towards your 7 quests, but isn’t repeatable.
- The actual storyline quests for the main or Eriador Scavenger Hunts appear to count also.
There is no shortage of things to do at this, or any, LOTRO Event!
The Scavenger Hunt
The Scavenger Hunt also offers Anniversary Tokens and counts towards your 7-quest daily. If you’re below level cap you should be able to start the Eriador Scavenger Hunt, though you may still need a friend to help out.
Earning Anniversary Tokens
Below is your guide to repeatable quests you can earn for tokens. I have put in the number of tokens and the approximate cooldown of these quest to help you know what can be repeated and when! OK let’s get to it!
Fireworks in Bree
2 Tokens, Repeatable Every ½hr At Nighttime
Fireworks in the Shire (Methel-Stage)
1 Token, Repeatable Every ½hr
Weirdly this quest can be completed during day-time, unlike the Fireworks quest in Bree.
Important: the Quest text says you will need more than 1 or 2 people to impress the local Hobbits. So you’re best holding off accepting the Quest until a few people are at the Methel-Stage with you. Unless you want to disappoint a whole bunch of fickle Hobbits! You can decide!
Sparking an Interest (Bree)
2 Tokens, Repeatable Every 3hrs in the Daytime
Entrepreneurial Hobbits want you to go and find places in Bree to set off a random firework. Their hope is that by doing so it will encourage the locals to attend the show at nighttime! I highly recommend showing floaty names (N Key) as these can be tricksy to spot. They also despawn when a player puts a firework down, and they respawn later.
Where are the Ideal Locations?
Fireworks Exploration (Non-Repeatable)
A Few Tips
- All locations are technically accessible at any level BUT Level 15+ to safely get up Weathertop
- Tom Bombadil’s House is in the North of the Old Forest, so there may be some mobs around L18-20. Just be aware!
- The Fireworks in question can be purchased from the Fireworks Vendor in Bree for 6 Silver each
- Anniversary Token × 1
- Title: Firecracker
Master Blaster Title Deed
7 Tokens, Once per Character
How to Get the Master Blaster Title
- Red Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Green Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Blue Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Orange Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Yellow Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
- Purple Fireworks: × 50 = 300 Silver
That makes the total cost: 1 Gold, 800 Silver, which is why I said F2P-ers may want to approach this deed over a longer period of time.
Lost Invitations (Bree)
- Quest Giver: Percy Bywood (near Anniversary Vendor)
Clumsy folk have lost their invitations to the festivities! So you need to run around Bree (seriously on-foot is easier than mounted for this one) to find the lost invitations.
What’s With the Flying Envelopes?
Some example envelope locations are in the collapsed section below. Just tap it to open the gallery.
Open Invitation Locations
What Else You Can Find in Envelopes
It doesn’t drop very often, so make Lost Invitationsone of your daily quests.
Bree and Shire Horse Tracks -- 2 Tokens Each, Once Per Day
Or, if you’re bad at the Horse Racing as I am, you can re-try every hour! Take the challenge and navigate the course. You have to avoid the boggy bits and get through each gate before the timer runs out!
- If you navigate the wooden walk-ways without falling in the bog you get a speed boost!
- If you fall in the bog you get a speed reduction (and I always fail the race if I fall in, though this is not necessarily true for others!)
Note: the Horse Trials do NOT count towards your 7-Quest target for the Essence Fragment.
Thorin’s Hall Ale House, 1-3 Tokens Repeatable Every 9 minutes
- Basic Level (1 token): successfully whack 8 players. If you’re knocked out the arena you don’t fail the round, but you do get a ‘fall limp debuff’.
- Intermediate Level (2 tokens): successfully whack 8 players. If you’re knocked out the arena you fail the round and have to wait for restart.
- Expert Level (3 Tokens): successfully whack 8 players and stay inside the arena. Plus you must retrieve a Glorious Beer before the round ends.
A few times I was whacked out the arena at the start of the round! On the other hand I accidentally selected Expert once and won it! So there are a lot of tokens you can earn in an hour here, but other players may stand in your way!
How Many Tokens Can I Get?
Anniversary Gifts Quest Chain
7 Tokens, Resets Monday/Thursday at 3am /servertime
Throughout the three Anniversary Regions are people sending gifts to each other! Although you can pick up the Gifts Quest Chain at any stage, there is a logical route you can take while you deliver the gifts:
- Bree to Combe: A Delicate Bracelet -- Quest Giver: Roger Hazeltwig (Bree Centre)
- Combe (to Combe!): Delicious Pastries
- Combe to Michel Delving: Wooden Carving
- Michel Delving to Hobbiton: A New Hammer
- Hobbiton to Frérin’s Court: A Dwarf Shield
- Frérin’s Court to Thorin’s Hall Ale House: A Lucky Goat’s Horn
- Thorin’s Hall Ale House to Bree: A Pint of Ale
If You Just Want the Daily
If you just want to do the Gift-Giving quest line to achieve the daily, I suggest starting from #5. This way you can pick up the daily at the Party Tree and by the time you return to Hobbiton for A New Hammer, you’ve hit seven quests. Then you just have to nip up the road to turn in the daily.
How Many LOTRO Anniversary Tokens Can You Earn?
On a calculation of the above, if you just did one or two Beer Brawls, you can earn 25-30 LOTRO Anniversary Tokens in the first 2 hours you play the Event!
Beer Brawling is the quickest way to earn tokens -- but a LOTRO Festival is not just about earning fast tokens. Experience the celebrations -- relax and enjoy!
LOTRO Anniversary Event Rewards 2020
Mounts, Cosmetics and Pets will be updated ASAP after the event starts on the 23rd April.
Anniversary Mounts / Steeds
Steed of Regal Revelry (40 Tokens)
Sea-Ward Steed (20 Tokens)
Mithril Coin Mounts
The theme for 2020 is Ceremonial and this plate armour is stunning. You can pick up each item of the cosmetic outfit for 10 Tokens a piece. There is a hooded version of the cloak, but almost never acquire those!
New: How Well Does It Dye?
After a patch, it dyes really well now, have a look!
Last Year’s Cosmetics
The theme for 2019 was The Storied Warrior. You can pick up each item of the cosmetic outfit for 10 Tokens a piece. Also there is a separate hood, as well as the hooded- and unhooded cloak, so you can make your outfit up a bit more flexibly.
If you want to see how these cosmetics look on a ‘big person’ female character, head over the Wandering Arda!
Prior Years’ Cosmetics Outfit Rewards
This is by no means a complete list, but is a taster of outfits from previous Celebrations you can still pick up in 2020. To improve load time, I’ve hidden these below, but just tap the button to see the image gallery!
I don’t collect kites in LOTRO (personal preference) -- as I don’t think I’d use them much. Animal pets however, is a TOTALLY different thing! However, see below for screenshots of Kites.
Tome of the Beaver
Pets are not character bound so you can obtain on one character and pass over to another if you want.
I captured this cheeky chappy a few times as he’s pretty expressive!
If you do want to pick up other Kites, here are the two Dragon kites. My thanks to @delphs for the screenshots!
Sky of a Perfect Day Kite
This, blue sky and white, fluffy clouds kite is called the Sky of a Perfect Day Kite and costs just 20 Tokens
New last year was the reusable Eagle Firework, which you can barter 40 Anniversary Tokens for. Here’s the video!
You can obtain two Fiddles at the Anniversary celebrations -- one of which is clearly meant for groups/bands -- the Traveller’s Trusty Fiddle because it’s a plucked Fiddle.
- Bardic Fiddle: 7 × Anniversary Tokens
- Traveller’s Trusty Fiddle: 15 × Anniversary Tokens
Homestead DecorationsAs per usual, I do not feature homestead decoration available at the LOTRO Anniversary. Instead, I point you to Déco du Milieu’s excellent website, where they specialise in decos!
View Anniversary Decos
What are Anniversary Steel Tokens?
At the event vendors stall in Bree, you will find a barter vendor who sells various things in exchange for Steel Tokens. These are character-bound currency that drop from mobs. Although the official line is that these drop from harder foes, that is no longer true and tokens can fall from any mob -- even gray ones.
If you don’t want any of the cosmetics you can convert them
- To Marks: which can be bartered at a Skirmish Camp for armour, weapons, cosmetics -- and to enhance your Skirmish Soldier
- To a ‘Battle Box’ (which, if you get Marks is twice the value of directly converting them)
- To a ‘Legendary Box’ which helps with Legendary Items
So you can always put them to good use even if you don’t want any of the other rewards!
You can exchange Steel Tokens for a variety of cosmetic and other items items.
The Scavenger Hunt
The Scavenger Hunt is a series of quests available from The Party Tree. There is a story behind their mysterious appearance too, but the main draw is for you to visit various places in Middle-Earth in search of rewards. In fact, there are some pets and decorations you can only obtain via Scavenger (aside from Auction House).
- For Lower-Levels: there is an easier/lower-level version of this called the Eriador Scavenger Hunt. I managed to do something from years 1-11 last year so I hope my sort-of guide helps.
TL;DR Enjoy the 13th LOTRO Anniversary Event!
There is a lot going on even if you can’t, or don’t want to, do the Scavenger Hunts. You can obtain all the rewards as a solo and/or low-level player. So enjoy beating up other players, setting off fireworks and celebrating the 2020 LOTRO Anniversary with the community!
All my content will always be freely available. However, if you'd like to support myself and my family, please consider buying us a virtual coffee. Either way, thank you for visiting, I appreciate it!