To defeat the darkness, sometimes you have to become the darkness. Not in character of course – definitely not for a Hobbit! But as the Shire Folk are known for being able to move silently on their feet, sometimes stealth is required. Myrlas is no burglar, but that doesn’t mean he cannot snipe a foe from the shadows, or down an unsuspecting Goblin with a dagger. So here’s Hunter of Shadows, an almost entirely black LOTRO Hobbit outfit – enjoy!
This Hunter Hobbit Outfit in Action
As this was a dark outfit designed for stealth, I took shots at night time here. But you can find the individual outfit components below in a much lighter setting.
Bow of the Wildermore Huntsman in Action
The bow featured in this Hobbit’s outfit is the Bow of Wildermore. There are some really amazing effects LOTRO have built into the Hunter animations. Because Hunter combat is so quick, it’s easy to miss them! I chose this bow for its ornate design, but it is also a bit chunkier for a solid grip.
Not Just a Ranged Class
Even a Hunter cannot run from every foe. Sometimes you need to grab your sword, axe or dagger. Daggers have the handy bonus of having an auto-attack chance buff. I purposefully chose rough-looking daggers for this LOTRO outfit to fit the Hunter of Shadows theme. And again here, LOTRO pull out some fab effects.
Hunter of Shadows: How to Make this Outfit
If you want to replicate the colours in this cosmetic appearance, then you’ll need 4 × Black Dyes.
- Head: Combat Helm of Éomer: L85 Eastemnet Tailor, Guild Recipe. (But you can also use Potent Skirmish Helm of the Mark, which is not a guild recipe). And yes it’s a mask, not a helm as one would understand a helm anyway!
- Shoulders: Combat Pauldrons of Éomer (Dyed Black): L85 Eastemnet Tailor, Guild Recipe. (But you can also use Skirmish Pauldrons of the Mark, which is not a guild recipe)
- Back: Fancy Quiver (Dyed Black) – Percy Chesham, Trestlebridge Outfitter (6 silver, 12 Copper)
- Upper Body: Boar Clansman Sentry’s Jacket (Dyed Black), Dunland Quest Reward
- Hands: Leather Bracers of the Gentle Stag (Dyed Black), Dunland Quest Reward
- Legs: Nothing required, as upper body slot provides trousers.
- Feet: Nothing
- Ranged Weapon: Bow of the Wildermore Huntsman
- Weapons: Elven-Steel Dagger – L42 Master Weaponsmith Recipe
- Optional Titles: Shadow-Foe (Enedwaith), Dark Hunter (Enedwaith)
Outfit Components Screenshots
TL;DR – A Dark Hobbit Outfit for Stalking Foes
All my content will always be freely available. However, if you'd like to support myself and my family, please consider buying us a virtual coffee. Either way, thank you for visiting, I appreciate it!